Thursday, March 7, 2013

10 Years of Together

10 years ago tonight, Abby and I met on the dance floor of the Bear's Tooth, dancing up a hippy storm to the bluegrass music of Grashoppah, at the March First Tap.  Her bouncing braid drew me in like a magnet, and my moves were likewise irresistible.  A couple of days later we met again for dinner, then were off to Honduras a few weeks after that.  Six months later we travelled through South America for 6 and a half months, and the rest is history. 

We were discussing the circumstances of our meeting today, and Abby informed me that at the March 2013 First Tap, Clinton Fearon, a well-known reggae musician who plays in Anchorage every year, would be playing. "If it had been Clinton Fearon," she said, "I don't think we'd have met.  I don't know how to dance to Clinton Fearon."  I suspect she's right.  About the meeting, I mean. 

Renjo La, Nepal, 2008.


 10 Years in, life is good.  I love you, baby!

1 comment:

Wanda Saunders said...

Congrats you two...you were obviously meant for each other! Keep enjoying love and your life adventure together! Sending Love from Paradise!!! xoxo Auntie